Saturday, March 20, 2010

The end of another quarter and fun things from the lab...

As the quarter comes to an end I am reflecting back on all the cool things I did.  I am also looking forward to the projects that I have planned for next quarter.

Here are some of the highlights...
The plastic frog (lower left) was scanned then printed life-size and milled from foam bigger than life.

These heart rings are printed in glass...


A few da Vinci drawings made 3D...

This began as the following picture available under a Creative Commons License



And next quarter I am planning to make my own 3D printer (a reprap Mendel), I also have plans to make a informational video for the clinic on campus.  Both very exciting, I almost can't wait but I am also glad to have a little break, even if I still have to work.

And just as a final note for all those who have always wondered "How many feet of toothpaste is in a tube of toothpaste?" (A question our professor has posed several times)
Approximately 15.5 feet of toothpaste in a tube... (At least with the size bead I was able to consistently make)

No comments:

Post a Comment