Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

I have never been big on making new year's resolutions but I thought this might be a good time to start.  I have recently started sharing more online and feel that this is a good time to try and set a tone for this new year.  I have had some hard quarters and have chosen to take a lighter load next quarter and also to try and be more productive with the free time I have.  I have many projects that either have been started and not finished or I have not found the time to start.

This all started to get me thinking.  How can I do more?  How can I fit more things into an already busy schedule?  The solution is to add more structure to my life.  This may seem like an odd solution but when thinking about it I get more done when I plan to get more done.  Also when there are many projects it is easy to get lost in them all.  If I add structure and plan time for them I will be more likely to get them all done.

Also I made some great progress toward the end of last year in starting to lose some weight and get in better shape.  This gave me more energy and made me feel better both in mind and body.

So here are my resolutions for my life in this new year and start of a new quarter:
  1. Continue to improve my eating habits
  2. Continue to increase my fitness level
  3. Schedule my time more
  4. Watch less TV
  5. Spend more time on projects
I may refine these and make a more firm plan over the next few weeks as my new schedule stabilizes, but this is the heart of my resolutions.  Resolutions are one of those things that are often made fun of because they are often forgotten.  I hope by sharing them it will help motivate me to keep them and for you to keep your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment